The Peter Clark Center for Mind, Brain, and Education supports every child to be a student at Breck and a learner for life.
We fuel teaching and learning excellence by bridging research and practice for all faculty, students, and parents.
To reach every student, we work with every teacher.
- E/I-A-M-L: Emotion drives Interest. Together, they drive Attention which drives Memory which results in Learning
- Students thrive when they are self-advocates equipped with cognitive skills for learning: self-regulation, attention, memory, metacognition, cognitive flexibility, and growth mindset.
- Students thrive when faculty understand learning and learners.
- Faculty thrive when empowered to reflect, assess, and apply current research.
- Parents thrive when given the tools to understand and support their child's unique learning journey.
We strive to create a culture within Breck School that:
- Fosters reflection, metacognition, self-knowledge, and self-advocating among faculty and students.
- Enriches and inspires faculty, through informed research and professional development, to help all students develop cognitive skills for learning: self-regulation, attention, memory, metacognition, cognitive flexibility, perception, and growth mindset.
- Bridges research and practice for faculty, students, and parents and transforms teaching and learning by providing ongoing cutting-edge professional development.
- Engages parents, through a deeper understanding of learning and human development, to play the most effective role in their child’s education.